Friday, December 7, 2007

Quick Post

I'm having a problem posting pictures to my blog. I was hoping to post quite a few today. I can tell you I'm back in Tsumeb. It's great to be home! I'm here with 12 other health volunteers for our CBT (community based training). They are all quite jealous that this is my permanent site. We will be training here thru the end of December. I'm staying with a different family for the month. I live with Meme Egumbo and her grand-daughters Winnie and Susana. They have been most accomodating, except when it comes to speaking english. They are pressing me to learn Afrikaans, and I'm very thankful for that. Unlike my permanant family, this one speaks mainly Afrikaans in the home. They are patient with me and always slow their speech when I ask them. I was just told the internet center must close. I'll write more later.

No comments: