Saturday, November 29, 2008

Makalani Nuts

Hello Everyone. I am bringing home a little taste of Namibia.

These are Makalani nuts. They come from the local palm trees. They are small, like large marble size... mostly used as key chains. Artists carve beautiful images on them. The ones I'm bringing home all say Namibia on them as well. I'm selling them on behalf of another Peace Corps Volunteer trying to raise money to make improvements to her school classrooms in Namibia. If you are interested they are $8 each. I will have plenty available. They are only costing her $1-$2 each so $6-$7 goes directly to the improvement fund for each one. I know that doesn't sound like much but you would be surprised what we can do with that over here. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try to get them to you while I'm home. E-mail or comment here. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear son,
What a wonderful and heartwarming post. Congrats on winning your basketball game and for your "praising" gardens.

I shall hug you soon,

love,
dad

Anonymous said...

Dear son,
I'd be happy to purchase some of your nuts! Say, if you get the chance, would you bring a keychain that says Namibia on it (Doris Sievek asked me for one).

Love you forever Dave,

DAd.

Anonymous said...

I would love one Dave!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Bull,

just like you dad, i would love to buy some of your nuts! hold on, that didn't sound right!....... anyway, i'm really gald to see you are doing well, having a lot of fun. and i'll talk to you soon.

john