Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Countdown

Hi all,

I've got about 2 weeks before I leave for Namibia. I'm busy wrapping up so many things right now I hardly have time to think about it. I'll be flying out of Phoenix on Oct. 28th to Washington D.C. We have 3 days of orientation there before we take the 18+ hour flight to Windhoek, Namibia. Then training begins and lasts 8 weeks. At some point during the training we find out where in the country we will be placed. I'm sure I'll be missing many things at home. Feel free to keep me posted. Til next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the card and chocolate! I'm sorry I wasn't here when you came by. I was really hoping to say goodbye before you left. Maybe lunch next week? I know you're extremely busy with getting ready to leave, but let me know if perhaps lunch next week works for you!
Thanks so much for all your volunteer hours and work towards the Flagstaff community!

-CheR

Anonymous said...

You are doing things many people wouldn't think to do, its very courageous to leave your comfort zone. I know you will do great things over there!!

Carol said...

Hey Dave,

Wow the peace corps - what a life changing choice. Your cousin Sean was in the Peace Corps - he was in Sri Lanka for a time. I will keep up with your blog good luck
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave!!!
How bout them Packers!!!!
34-0 over the Vikings...now at 8 and 1. It was great talking to you will call soon
Love,
Mom