Saturday, June 28, 2008

Update/Pics

Hello everyone. I don't have much to say today, but I thought I could send some pictures of Tsumeb. It's taken me a while to collect these because I hate taking pictures in the town I live. I feel like such a tourist. I took a couple of these shots blind. I just raised the camera out of my bag for a couple seconds and snapped shots. I know it sounds pretty silly but that's me. This will give you some idea what the town looks like. The last picture is from an event last night at Otjikoto Secondary School (the one my brother goes to). It was alright. I'm getting a little fed up with 'African Time'. The event was supposed to start at 6pm. It didn't actually start til around 8pm. Some of the performers were incredible dancers. I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying so I won't judge their musical talent.


My Mom will be here 1 week!!! We're going to have a fabulous time. I'm taking her to Swakopmund (the coast), Etosha Game Park, Tsumeb and maybe Botswana. I have a hard time imagining her here. I feel quite removed from my life in the states. It's like the two worlds will finally collide when she arrives on Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! I loved the pics! Oh we miss you. Tomorrow, Madison will be in the 4th of July parade. And I believe last year you took her and gave her beer and ice cream for lunch! Yea! Your mom is going to be there soon. That will be so refreshing and encouraging (your mom rocks, by the way. . . I just love her). Well, I would think that you would get used to "African Time" quickly since you have been subject to "Vineyard Time". Much love! Angela (hey, do you need anything? please let us know)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
I was excited to find and read your blog. I am sure that you had an awesome time with your mom. It was great spending time in Namibia with Emily. It was actually hard to leave.d I never missed home once. It was a pleasure to meet you while I was there. Hope everything is going well for you.
Joyce
(Emily's mom)